Sensitive Information includes Personal Information, Export Controlled Information, Lockheed Martin Proprietary Information, and Third Party Proprietary Information.
We Set the Standard
- Handle, store and protect Sensitive Information in accordance with applicable requirements.
- Obtain proper authorization before disclosing or receiving such information, internally or through a third party (like a supplier, customer or competitor).
- Only access personal information or personal data for legitimate business purposes and have prior authorization.
- Respect the privacy and dignity of our employees and safeguard the confidentiality of employee records and information.
- Prior to disclosing classified information, ensure that recipients have the proper security clearance and "need to know."
- When using social media, take extra care to protect information about the Corporation, your colleagues, customers and yourself.
We Set the Standard (Continued)
- Refer external inquiries to Communications.
- Obtain before publishing or making outside presentations about Lockheed Martin or its customers or partners.
- Report unauthorized access of Sensitive Information.
- Be extra vigilant to avoid cybersecurity risks.
- Follow information protection requirements even after your employment or engagement with the Corporation ends.
Why We Do It
- We are entrusted with Sensitive Information from the Corporation, our customers, suppliers and others.
- Mishandling information can damage our reputation, customers, partners and country. It can also result in penalties and fines against the Corporation and individual employees.
- When you do business internationally, there are country-specific laws to consider, including import/export issues, privacy considerations and unique information handling and safeguarding requirements.